Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Buttercup Bag revisited


One more little sewing project, or in this case two, saved from that place of darkness in my sewing room.  I should mention that I cut these bags out at about the same time as the autumn banner (from the link above) which was sometime last October/Novemberish.  And, the fact that I am approximately one year and a few weeks behind schedule for delivering these bags to their intended recipients has in no way diminished my excitement for having finished them.
Now the question remains, why two bags exactly the same?  I wish I knew the answer.  The only thing I can think of is that I was quite pregnant at the time and when a person is really pregnant they do crazy things that cannot be explained.  They might decide to cut off all their hair with embroidery scissors or even cut out two matching purses for friends who may not enjoy having matching purses.  But... guess what?  They have matching purses.
The bag.   The Buttercup Bag (free pattern here) I have written about before and I continue to be quite fond of this pattern.  I don't find it overly fussy.  It doesn't require a lot of fabric.  It's super cute and it doesn't require a lot of time either--unless your me and then you'll need to set aside approximately one year and 2 hours, give or take a week.  However, I don't recommend going that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment