Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hormones or just plain crazy?

The night before last just as I was about to jump in the shower I said to myself, "Hey, I think I'll lop off all my hair." I thought about it for a bit as I contemplated the proper shower temperature with my hand under the faucet. Well now, I know that pregnant women should never go near scissors because they do really crazy things, but I'm different. I'm not really crazy. So, I thought rather than make such an impulsive decision like all those other crazy pregnant women running around with scissors, I just better go ahead and take my shower first, you know, to come to my senses. After a nice calm relaxing shower I slowly brushed through my hair, tied it back in a ponytail and then began to saw through it with a pair of tiny embroidery scissors that were laying near by. It seemed like such a great idea until I was standing there in front of the mirror with a pair of tiny scissors in one hand and a 14" ponytail in the other. "Did I really just cut off all of my hair?"



{my hair before it was fixed}

Yes, was the answer staring back at me in the mirror. I sure did. I am a crazy pregnant woman. I was startled for a little while and then I thought, hey my auntie does hair!  I bet she'll fix this mess right up. When I called her the next morning this was the exchange:
Me: Aunt Lana, you'll never guess what I did.
Aunt Lana: Did you cut on your hair?
Me: Uh huh...
Aunt Lana: Is it at least to your shoulders?
Me: Well, some parts of it are....you know....cuz...well...you
see, I put it in a pony and....
Aunt Lana: Awe honey. Well, I guess you at least have some
nice layers in there huh?
Me: Hmmm....seems I have a few....
Aunt Lana: I'll be out in a few hours to fix it.
Me: I. LOVE. YOU.



And so, what else can you do but play with that big ol' clump of hair until help arrives?

No comments:

Post a Comment