Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Addie Jane knits


Here are few things that have come off of my needles for our newest girl. I can't seem to remember a thing about that little elf hat, but it sure is cute. I think I was just making it up as I went along. I imagine it probably isn't all that proper to gush over how cute something is that you made yourself now is it? But, it is cute! The little sweater is from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts it's called the Easy Baby Cardigan and though it was easy it sure took me a long time to make. It's knit back and forth on a circular needle which isn't my favorite way to knit so I'm guessing that was the hold up.

The pants are the Kanoko (or Seed-stitch) Pants found here for free. They are really cute, easy to knit and the best thing, aside from the cute part, is that they are roomy enough for cloth diapering. I think I had to go up a size in order to make sure they would fit a big cloth diaper, but they do fit and since they were knit with 100% wool I just use them as the diaper cover and don't usually worry about putting another cover over the cloth.

And the sad part of this post...

...yes, that is our baby girl trying to stand. Just look at the happy face. This is how all of our children have found happiness at this age which makes me want to cry. Carmel took her first steps at the end of her seventh month and it looks like Addie is already beginning to train.
I've been considering knitting up a pair of really slippery baby socks to undermine this sort of premature desire to be up and moving about.

I suppose I'll have to think on that a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment