Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hooray for pillowcases!

I found these great pillowcases at a rummage sale a couple of months ago.  Since then I have been holding them, staring at them, running my hands along them, adoring their vintage print, turning them inside-out and then right side-out again, wondering all the while what they should become.    

I finally decided on a dress for Carmel.

I just figured that if I was going to stand around staring at a pillowcase all day, then I may as well just make a dress out of it and wrap it around something (or someone, in this case) I usually spend my days staring at, holding on to and adoring anyway.

I still have one pillowcase left.  I'm thinking maybe a little matchy-matchy thingy for the mama and the Carms (you know, while she is still too young to care about having an outfit to match her mama's)  Oh how I do soo love matchy-matchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment