Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Toddler gardening series 1


So this is the new series- Toddler Gardening. I don't plan on doing this post everyday of course, but I would like to include bits of how Owen is helping out and enjoying himself on the gardening front from now until harvest time this year. Hopefully we'll be able to include a little of the Carms enjoying some of the summer garden treats too. PEAS! YUM! I can't wait.

Here is the first in our series of toddler gardening. Building something that resembles a cold frame. It's not beautiful, but hopefully it will work.

After we got the box built we went to a friends house to pick up some glass (thank you Rachel) to put over the frame. A little backwards. We should have picked up the glass first THEN we would have known how big to build the box. Details. Details.
I am so very excited about this though because I just know my wildly creative friends are going to have some great ideas. I hope you all will be able to chime in on this series and let me know what your garden plans are for the kiddos this year. Ohhh won't we have FUN!!!

3 comments:

  1. HI, use a big flower pot with soil (ideally potting soil, that's the softest) for Carmel, so she can just play in that with a few plastic cups and a little shevel. She will eat some, if she is anything like Ella... but that will make her grow better... and for some special fun add water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is no doubt she will be eating the dirt. I like the flower pot idea for her maybe I can find one around here that won't break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't know you Jaime, I would be worried about some child labor laws being broken :) You ARE going to have LOTS of fun. I know absolutely nothing about gardening and perhaps your blog can be an education for me too. Keep up the good work. You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete