Monday, October 3, 2011

Changing Seasons

The leaves begin to change colors and slowly float to the ground.  All of the winter clothes, hats, sweaters, and scarves are dredged out of the back of a storage closet and given priority in drawers, baskets and on hooks.  Knitting takes the lead as my craft of choice.  Patterns begin to multiply littering every available flat surface around all my favorite seating areas in our home.  Skein by skein the yarn creeps out from a variety of different hiding places so I can feel it, smell it, and imagine what it might become.  

These are the things that tell me the season is changing.  These are the things that remind me a new rhythm will begin in our home.  A new rhythm where soon we will all pull in, stay inside a little more often, and stay just a little bit closer together.  These are and have historically been, for me, the indicators of a changing season, but one that has recently emerged around our home is this one...


...the greenhouse cover.

Our new and definitive mark of the changing seasons.  
Autumn!  I'm so happy you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment