Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sushi!


It's not the real kind with fancy fish but it's the real-deal-wrapped-in-seaweed sushi, rolled up right here in my kitchen! I realize that these photos make it look absolutely terrifying but the rice really wasn't at all yellow and the nori was truly green, not black. Really, I did not feed my people rotten food. My people, however, did have a difficult time eating it even though they were all so sweet and didn't mention it. But, you know, it takes about 15 tries of something before a person can get accustomed to a new taste. Fourteen more attempts and were going to be serious sushi eaters way down in this valley.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray for home made sushi! The first time I made it I felt so proud. I kept doubting myself though thinking I must have missed something because it seemed so easy. Well done to your little people for trying it. Many people go their whole lives without taking even one bite.

    ReplyDelete