Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kicking Bag

I knit this for Addie before she was born. It is a little baby kick sack. We have used this more than baby blankets especially at bedtime. It is a free pattern download on Ravelry. It was some really easy mindless sort of knitting and that is just the kind of knitting that I like best. If I were to knit it again I would leave the bottom open with maybe a button closure or drawstring so I could change diapers at night a little easier. I also would have left a small opening on the front and back of the kick sack a third of the way up from the bottom and about an an inch and a half or two inches wide to fit a car seat buckle up through it. I hate it when they are all cuddled up and suddenly you have to go somewhere, but the clothing they have on isn't car seat friendly. This was also knit out of wool so that she would have extra protection at night with a cloth diaper, a soaker and then this over the top. She has stayed pretty comfy in her little kicking bag.

There is a lot to be said for something that is cute And functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment