Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A few sewing projects

I'm not sure if anyone remembers this post or not, but ever since I saw these dresses I have been so keen on making one for Carmel out of some of my Father's old dress shirts. I love how it makes use of something that has, in most cases, become unusable while creating something meaningful at the same time. There are some other great tutorials available on the same site. So easy to follow and the results are great. I love that.
I have also been working on some little skirts for Carmel. This one is from the Oliver + S site and I just think every pattern they have is perfectly cute. I want them all. Do I have any of them? No, but I still want them all. The ones I have right now are the free ones that can be found on their site. The skirt pattern is here, but these others here and here look so adorable I'm not sure how long I'll be able to wait before I have to see my sweet little girl wearing them.
The baby kimono pattern I found in Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. I love the way it turned out. Now I would like to find a cute pattern for some pants that will fit over cloth diapers. I have made the little pants out of old t-shirts that really do fit over cloth diapers and I love making them. They are fast and easy which is essential when there is a tiny person helping out by climbing up your back and pushing the reverse button on your sewing machine as if candy is going to come out of it. I'm certain I will keep making that kind however, a really cute pattern that relies on cut rather than stretch would be nice.
Ah yes, and finally there is the Amy Butler Birdie Sling bag. I love sewing anything from an Amy Butler pattern. Her directions are clear, simple, well illustrated, easy to follow and the finished piece is always so nice. She just really knows how to write a pattern that Amy. When I made this one I thought I would sew up a couple others just to keep on hand, but I haven't done that yet. I have such a hard time sewing two of something. After the first one it just starts to feel like production and production seems so much like work. Doesn't it? Yes, it does.
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh i love the Amy Butler bags -were you carrying one tonight when we talked? I have a friend in COlorado who made some and i thought they looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wasn't carrying one then. I was carrying one of my favorites that has seen better days. I just can't bring myself to give it up before I have made a near replica of it.

    ReplyDelete