Monday, September 21, 2009

Vacation Tour: Crow-Hassan



This is one of the most remarkable parks I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Crow-Hassan is a 2600 acre park that has 800 acres of restored prairie. It is so beautiful and so natural and so big. I'm finding that I am becoming increasingly excited for our walks there each time we plan a trip north for Minnesota. I wish I could do it justice either with pictures or words, but I can not. I can say that each time we visit there my mind, my body, my thoughts, my ideas, they all just feel bigger. It's as if somehow looking out at that great big prairie perched up so perfectly next to a long winding river helps me to see beyond myself, beyond my own worries, beyond my gripes of that particular day toward something beautiful, massive and forever. It is such a wonderful place to be and being there with the three people I love most somehow just makes it feel magical and timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment