Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Seeds

After several attempts I have finally found a pumpkin seed recipe that I really like.  I have tried to make these so many times and I have never really liked how they've turned out.  Sometimes they have too little flavor, or sometimes they have too much or sometimes they are a bit too soggy, but these are just right.

And now that I've found the flavor and texture I like, I need to figure out how to get my unwilling pumpkin seed extractors (Owen and Carmel) to harvest more seeds.  Both of them looked at that large soupy mass of orange pumpkin entrails and politely backed away when I said, "Yay!  Look!  This is the fun part.  Let's pull out all the seeds."  This is the fun part, right?  Am I not remembering this correctly, letting that cold orange goo squish between your fingers, that's FUN!  At least that's how I remember it.

I might have to get a little more creative to see if I can bring 'em around to mama's way of thinkin.'

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's fun, despite the incredibly serious looks my girls usually have on their faces while doing it.

    ReplyDelete