Tuesday, August 23, 2011

pink and purples

Just a quick look around at some of the pretties in our front beds that we've been enjoying this summer (and by we, of course, I mean me).
Lavendar, Something I don't know the name of but really like, butterfly bush, alyssum, and Buggleweed (scary name, with the whole -weed ending and all).

I love the Lavender. It smells so fresh. Carmel and I have been walking around with a sprig each, holding it to our faces and drinking in that sweet scent. We've been trying to encourage Adeline to take a little sniff but so far she only wants to eat it. I can't blame her. It really does smell good enough to eat. So good in fact that I'm willing to give this a try.

1 comment:

  1. I eat my lavender all of the time! I think it's an acquired taste probably, but I like it. And it's like a calming pill, a natural sedative: Mother's little helper of the natural variety.

    ReplyDelete