Friday, July 24, 2009

Rain days

What to do on rainy days?
Drag your children into your sewing room, grab what's left of your favorite bed sheet and start stitching. Well, that's what we did anyway.

The skirt pattern is from Sew U: The Built by Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe. I'm not sure what I think about the skirt just yet. It's possible that my feelings for the yellow bed sheet are clouding my opinion of this new skirt of mine. I will have to admit that at this point, I am feeling pretty much over this fabric, you know, because I have also been wearing it to bed too. So, I have been looking at it entirely too much as of late. Oh, but did that stop me from finishing up this skirt and then moving on to a poor innocent child?

No, it did not! Carmel got some jammy pants to match her mama's pants. And, her incredibly thoughtful older brother even cut out a special design for her from the same fabric to be appliqued onto her "new" jammy shirt.

I tried to sew up a little something for Owen out of the same fabric, but he politely (and oh so wisely) declined my offer. He might be thinking that flowering, yellowy-orange meadows just aren't for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment